Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Birthday Reflections



So today is my birthday, it is Christmas Eve, and I have to write my blog entry.  Kind of feel like I have to write something about milestones or life reflections, and that is certainly a worthy exercise.

Let’s see, at the ripe old age of 47 er… 48, I am exactly the same distance from 28 as I am from 68.  Gives you pause, doesn’t it? 

What would I tell my 28 year old self?  The first thing that comes to mind is: Take better care of your knees!  Although I am not exactly sure how I would have done that – which is probably why I didn’t do it in the first place.

The second thing that jumps in my mind is don’t spend too much energy and effort on people who are not worthy of the finite amount of time one spends on this Earth.   As the song says, we’ve only got a 100 years to live.

The third thing I would say to my 28 year old self is: Good job!  You are on the right track building a beautiful family, a wonderful group of friends and a nice career.

Now, the next question is: what shall I tell my 68 year old self? Yes, continue to take care of your knees…but what else?

To my 68 year old self I would say: I am doing my best to continue a good work/life balance.  I am trying my hardest with daily exercise and sleep (okay, I promise to work on that one a little bit more) and trying to eat as many vegetables as I can.

Next, I would say to my future self: I promise to get all of those photos in albums before I have grandchildren and take even more photos!

And lastly, I think I would say: I promise to continue to enjoy the ride and live with purpose, making many new memories so I will have a whole library to reflect on come the day.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

--Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment