Saturday, December 12, 2015

My 5 Favorite Restaurants



1.    Blue Hill at Stone Barns
We’ve written multiple posts about this restaurant, but it really is the best. They serve such “local” food it’s amazing. Literally local. Like, they raise their ducks and chickens and sheep right next to the gardens where they grow rows of kale. Everything is so fresh and presented so beautifully, not to mention entirely in season, so you don’t have to worry about eating the same thing every time.

2.    Pongsri
While not as high end as the previous restaurant, Pongsri in NYC has the best Thai food I’ve ever had. Everything has distinct, strong, and delicious flavors, and though they are so different, they complement each other perfectly. I recommend the pineapple fried rice with cashews and chicken, the Thai wonton soup, and the Chinese sausage salad—warning: It’s a bit spicy!

3.    MonkeyPod
This restaurant is actually in Hawaii, and I haven’t been there in 2 years, but I haven’t forgotten the name -- the food is so good. I remember eating this amazing surf and turf catch of the day, with red snapper and filet mignon. I made note of the fish we ate every day on that trip, and MonkeyPod was definitely my favorite. Huge thumbs up!

4.    Sapori
In White Plains, there is this amazing Italian restaurant called Sapori. We go there every year for Eve’s birthday, and every time I get something amazing. They have great pollo a piccata, which is this lemon chicken, but my all time favorite thing to get there is this dish they have with scallops and risotto. The risotto is so creamy and rich, and the scallops are always perfect. Love it!!

5.    Bourbon Street Bar & Grille
Another NYC favorite, the hearty, spicy, and delicious food that they serve here will have you breathing fire with joy. Every time we go, Frosty and I do half and half on their amazing Andouille and Chicken Gumbo and their Cajun Jambalaya. Their flavors are just so strong and delicious, and I like that they are similar enough that they segue into each other seamlessly.

What are your favorites?

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment