Thursday, December 5, 2019

A Cappella


I joined an a cappella group this semester (The Chordials woo!), and so obviously I’m living in an a cappella mindset now. As such, I thought I’d write about some a cappella groups that I think are really great. 

  1. Pentatonix. This is a really obvious one that everyone knows, but they had to be included. They have only 5 members but they have such a full sound, and their Christmas albums are really soothing and excellent.
  2. Straight No Chaser. Some may know these guys as well, but they are also really talented and have some hilarious and fun arrangements that are not only fun to listen to but fun to watch as well. Again, great Christmas music.
  3. BYU Vocal Point. This is a college group, and my high school performed one of their arrangements last year and they are really good. They do a lot of fun songs, but they are all so talented and they have an amazing sound. Would recommend their song “Homeward Bound”, because it’s so damn pretty. 
  4. The Chordials. Ahh, a shameless self-promo plug! Just what the masses want. Anyway, my group as been really freaking good for a long time, and we actually have multiple albums on Spotify and are recording another on in the spring. Also there are lots of videos on YouTube to check out as well. Ok I’m done with that. 

That’s all I got for now folks. Sorry it’s a bit short, but a girl’s gotta study. 

Holly


1 comment:

  1. I've got a playlist on Amazon music that is my go-to when I need a pick-me-up or to get work done. It's all a cappella. Some of my favorites on there:

    "Go Your Own Way," Straight No Chaser
    "Try Everything," "Honey I'm Good" and "Wake Me Up" Home Free
    "Little Lion Man," "Under Pressure," "Poker Face" Dear Abbeys
    "Walking on Sunshine," "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Footloose" Voice Male
    "Pompeii," Juxtaposition

    And yeah, Pentatonix is also well-represented. :)

    ReplyDelete