Thursday, December 19, 2019

My Favorite Christmas Movies


Since I’ve been trying to get in watching all of them before the actual day of Christmas, I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite Christmas movies. Not sure if I’ve written about this before but it’s important nonetheless. Here they are.

1. Tied for first place are The Polar Express and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. To be clear, that’s the Jim Carrey version, which is a hilarious and cinematic masterpiece. The style of all of the costumes and the set really capture the flavor of the book.  The Polar Express has amazing music that I’ve loved since I was little and continue to love now.

2. I of course love the The Santa Clause movies (all three of them), and the Tim Allen classic always makes me feel nostalgic and happy since I’ve watched them since I was little as well.

3. Not sure how to classify them, so I’m going to include all of the claymation classics that play on repeat on ABC’s 25 days of Christmas together. This includes The Year Without A Santa Claus (love me some Heat Miser and Snow Miser), as well as the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Burgermeister Meisterburger is easily one of the greatest movie villains ever, solely for his name.)

4. Finally, Elf is of course a classic, and is incredibly quotable and fun to watch with friends (especially while eating chocolate chip pancakes).

Let me know what your favorites are!


Holly

Image result for jim carrey grinch

No comments:

Post a Comment