Friday, December 14, 2012

The Pep Rally



Today my school had the winter pep rally. For those of you who have never been to one for whatever reason, let me explain. Pep rallies are basically this thing that high schools and I guess colleges do, where the various sports teams run out and get the whole school excited. Winter sports in this case. We had swimming, bowling, wrestling, track, basketball, and gymnastics. I run track, which I love. It’s very straightforward and simple. Also it’s probably the one sport that allows you to completely space out and just think about stuff. It’s like taking a shower. You spend three minutes soaping and shampooing and then ten minutes being like “What have I done with my life?” Running is the same thing. You spend a little bit here and there thinking about how tired you are and then the rest of the run is just thinking.

          Anyway, for the pep rally, us track people did this thing where we kind of walked out while doing this sort of stomp swerving thing. It was pretty cool but hard to explain. Then, we all just sprinted out into the middle and did the “Who are we? ________! Who are we? _______! WHO ARE WE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you, that’s a powerful moment when the captain shouts and the entire team just yells back, while you’re all trying to squeeze toward the middle more. It’s cool.

See you later.
Rudolph

1 comment:

  1. Huh, I went to high school in Texas, where pep rallies are only for football. (Although that may not be true everywhere in Texas, even. Or for that matter, true at all any more, since it's been a long time since I was in high school!) I'm glad to hear that somebody somewhere prizes running as much as any other sport.

    ReplyDelete