Sunday, December 13, 2020

Which Super Power Would You Choose?

Today while putting off a return to a project for her Spanish class, my daughter asked me what super power I would choose if I got to pick one.

After a bit of thought, I decided my pick would be teleportation.  Here's why.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to travel.  I've been to all seven continents with my family, visiting cities, jungles, deserts, and witnessing all manner of natural and manmade splendor.  Each trip is an opportunity to step out of our own lives and see the world as someone else does.  How other people live, work, eat, play, etc.  One of the things I've missed most during the pandemic this year (and like everyone else, I've missed SO many things) is traveling.

While I love traveling, my least favorite part of the experience is actually getting to and from our destinations.  Not to mention the amount of time that process often takes.  With major trips, we very often must fly all night or lose a day at the start and at the end of the trip.  

Now imagine what it would be like if you could be anywhere you want simply by thinking about it.  No more lengthy commutes to the office.  Quick jump home during your lunch hour for a nap in your own bed?  Fresh croissants from Paris this morning?  Sure, I'll be right back.  

How great would that be?!?

Forgot to put something in your suitcase?  Now I can pop home for a second and grab it and bring it right back.

I know that there is a saying that part of life is the journey.  And I certainly embrace that today (without any super powers).  But something tells me a little teleportation might enable me to enjoy all of our travels a whole lot more. 

Which super power would you pick?

Frosty



No comments:

Post a Comment