Sunday, December 15, 2019

My Favorite Songs of 2019


Honestly, you could probably just look at my Spotify Wrapped 2019 playlist and then we could all be done here, but here are some of my favorite songs that I’ve enjoyed this year.

1. Suncity by Khalid (ft. Empress Of)
First of all I love Khalid. His voice is magical and angelic and I would love for him to sing me lullabies. But anyway, this song is fun because it’s half in Spanish and half in English, but I was proud of myself for learning and understanding the Spanish parts. Also, it has such a beat to it that makes me want to dance so hard, but I could also lie on my bed and astral plane while listening to it if I wanted to. Dual purpose!

2. On A Roll by Ashley O (a.k.a. Miley Cyrus) Yes, this is that song from that one episode of Black Mirror that Miley Cyrus is in, and while the episode is actually about the corruption and mind-numbing-ness of the pop industry, this song is such a freaking bop that it doesn’t matter. Again, makes you want to dance and also fun to sing.

3. Never Go Back by Dennis Lloyd
There is something about this song that speaks to me, in the way that it reminds me of driving around in like a convertible or an uncovered Jeep Wrangler on a coastal road and just vibing. This song actually also switches into Spanish for one line, but I guess that’s just a coincidence.

4. Dinner & Diatribes by Hozier
Hozier is a very popular artist, so some of you many know this song, but I just really like all of the layers and lines it has going on in it. When I was going on a tear trying to find songs that would be good for my a cappella group to sing, I happened upon this song and I continue to enjoy. I also like that it’s in 3/4 time signature which is kind of uncommon. Sorry, that was music nerdy of me to say.

5. Talk To Ya by HRVY
HRVY has another great song called Personal that lead me to this song, but since I discovered that one a while ago, I decided this was better to include. This song has a bumping, club-ish beat, but HRVY has a great voice and really like the fun style of this song.

6. Strangers by Sigrid
This song I’m pretty sure I discovered from being the background of a Tiktok that was reposted to Instagram, but I really like the quietness of the tune in the beginning that grows in the chorus to go harder. It’s unexpected but still a head-banger.

Holly

Image result for on a roll by ashley o

No comments:

Post a Comment