Monday, December 5, 2016

Dear Secretary Clinton

12/5/16

Dear Secretary Clinton –

First and foremost, I am writing to say Thank You. 

Thank you for your dedication to public service.  You have made our country and indeed, this planet, a better place. 

Thank you for your perseverance.  You have been knocked down so many times, I’ve lost count.  Yet you got right back up again, “shimmied” yourself off, and continued to fight for what you believe in.

Thank you for your grace under pressure.  Whether in the Situation Room, debating, or even sitting through sooo many hours of repeated interrogations, you’ve handled yourself with decorum, thoughtful consideration and unflabbability.

Thank you for showing my teenage daughter what women can do, but also what they are up against in the process.  Because of you, she knows that girls grow up to be women who can accomplish anything they set their minds to – but they better be ready to be tough and to be tough every day.

Thank you for lighting a fire under me.  Like many of my fellow citizens (especially women), I have been ruminating over the results of this presidential election.  I cannot sit and idly watch our country continue in the direction it is going. I have some thoughts on what actions to take, but the first one just had to be to connect with you.

While I am sure you are catching up on some well-needed rest, I have a sneaking suspicion you are just catching your breath.  I, of course, do not know what your next chapter will be, but I have a strong feeling it will not consist of an overabundance of walks in the woods, trips to the supermarket or local bookstore. You are not done.

In the meantime, I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season.

Sincerely, your neighbor in southern Westchester,


Patricia M Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment