Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Best Christmas Songs

So obviously there are a lot out there; some are originals, some have been covered a billion times, but here are my favorite Christmas songs/covers of all time.

White Christmas- Bing Crosby
This one is kind of a given, but it's so incredibly soothing and puts me in the spirit. It also never gets old *cough* all I want for Christmas *cough

12 Days of Christmas- Straight No Chaser
Here is a really fun cover of a song that gets kind of tiring after the first 4 verses. It also implements the tune of Toto's "Africa". Strongly recommend

Do You Hear What I Hear?- Perry Como
Whenever I listen to this song I feel like I can hear snow. Does that make sense? Like the music sounds like magical Christmas snow. This cover is also so joyous so what's not to like?

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear- Aaron Neville
This one really gets to me. Neville just has a really cool voice that works so well with this song and takes it beyond another church song. 

Believe- Josh Groban
My God, does Josh Groban have incredible vibrato. I think the reason I like this one so much is I associate it heavily with The Polar Express (which it comes from) which is an endearing Christmas movie.

Christmas for Cowboys- John Denver
A lot of the time we associate Christmas with cities, especially NYC. This song paints a picture of a peaceful and calm rural Christmas. It's awesome.

Aspenglow- John Denver
Another one that makes me thing of snow. Also just a very soothing, beautiful song 

O' Come O' Come Emmanuel- Enya
Honestly, I'm a total sucker for Enya. But this song of hers in particular makes me want to float away. It completely transports you.

O Holy night- Nat King Cole
A sweet song covered by a sweet voice. Especially when he hits those high notes, they really get your attention. 

Little Drummer Boy- Bing Crosby + David Bowie 
Their contrasting voices go really cool together and make me want to sing this as a duet with people. 


:)

1 comment: