Sunday, December 11, 2016

Superpowers: Part 2 - The Power I Actually Have

Just to be clear, I DO NOT ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT I AM A WITCH.

However, there is significant proof to the contrary, because many a time have I wanted something to happen (or not happen) and it worked out that it didn’t happen for no reason. I’ll give you an example: When the four of us were going to go hiking but I really didn’t want to go, the first trail we went to was closed off, and the second trail was covered in giant puddles, so I managed to get out of it. I obviously didn’t really make it happen, but that kind of thing happens a lot for me.

Just this past week even, I didn’t want my science teacher to be here, and it turned out that her father had some kind of health issue that kept her from coming to class. The same thing happened with my Global teacher this week, but he was out for 3 days, and I don’t even know why yet. It’s a very convenient superpower. My parents call me a “special snowflake,” which is an ironic term because we say I can control things like the weather (i.e. making it rain when I want to sit indoors at a restaurant or whatever).

All in all, being a witch is pretty great.

1 comment: