Friday, December 24, 2021

Adulting

When you’re done with college, it gets harder to stay in touch with people. I want to stay in touch enough with my friends so that I can text them cold turkey, so that if I want something from them I don’t have to message them on Facebook like, “Dear Brian, hope you have been staying safe during these crazy times. Remember when we had lunch together that one time? That was fun. I’d love to catch up with you some time next week- can’t wait to hear how you’re doing! Your friend, Rudolph”. I don’t want to do that. I want to be able to just text them out of the blue, “Does your company offer internships?”

 

I think I’m afraid of getting older because we as a society don’t really value old people. Y’know how I know? I was still a college student when Covid hit, and all of a sudden it was all over the news. They were like, “It’s extremely contagious. You can get it on the bottom of your shoes just by walking down the street. Two thirds of the country will probably get it. Also, it’ll probably only kill you if you’re an oldie”. And every young person I know was like ”… ooooohhh. Excellent. Let's not worry about it at all”.  


Rudolph




No comments:

Post a Comment