Monday, December 27, 2021

Cultural Appropriation

I finally had my much delayed college graduation ceremony this past fall, which was good. I got some closure. I went to school upstate so I spent a few years driving throughout New York and when I’m going through these rural areas I keep seeing Confederate flags on people’s lawns. And I don’t get it.

Because the one argument people have for flying confederate flags is that they want to honor a piece of their heritage. But if you’re from New York? That’s not your heritage. Your ancestors were Yankees, baby. Your ancestors fought for the winning and morally superior side and you’re flying the losing flag. Like an idiot. I don’t think southerners would be very pleased with you flying their flag. That’s not your heritage, that’s cultural appropriation. Conservative southerners do not like your cultural appropriation.


Rudolph




 

No comments:

Post a Comment