Saturday, December 23, 2017

Continuing The Tradition

Today is what would have been my grandfather's 84th birthday. His name was Richard. My dads name is Robert and I was given an R name, "Reed" in honor of him. As a result, every now and then I try to come up with some potential R names I would want to name my potential son to continue the tradition. Below is my thinking so far:

Here are ones I'm kind of into:

Raymond (Ray for short): It's a cool nickname and the full name flows nicely with our last name. Sounds smart in full, cool in short.

Ronald (Ron for short): Same thing as Raymond in regards to flow and nickname. 

Ryder: Cool and kind of unique. Worried it might come off as annoying. Unsure about this one.

Here are some I'm definitely not into:

Rex: This would be a cool name if it weren't so gross. Literally means king which is awesome. You could also go with "Reggie" which means the same thing essentially but it just makes me think of Archie.

Rodney: Can't help but to think about the move Robots when I head this name.

Bonus: some R names for girls I think would be cool.

Ripley: Wow. Imagine meeting a girl named Ripley. Easily a top choice. 

Rey: Short and fierce and Star Wars

If you have any cool R names in mind, please feel free to share them in the comments. If I use your suggestion you can be a godparent.



-- Rudolph

2 comments:

  1. Rutabaga is a fine, earthy name for a boy. And I'm pretty sure he'll be the only one with that name in a class full of Ryders, Rhydors, and Riidyrs.

    (No, I don't have children. Why do you ask?)

    ReplyDelete