Sunday, December 31, 2017

Reed’s Favorite Movies Of 2017

The end is nigh and boy did I have a great time at the theaters this year. The following are my favorite movies of 2017 (in order of release).

Get Out
Holy Jesus. This was probably one of the best movies I've seen in a while. So much cool sneaky symbolism that wasn't easily spottable but also wasn't patronizing. Had me on the edge of my seat. This is the kind of movie that makes me want to remember what it was like to watch it the first time in theaters.

Spider-Man: Homecoming
As I've written about in past years, I'm a huge fan of Marvel movies. This one was special to me because it stars a kid who was not much older than I was when I fell in love with this genre. His heroes were mine as a kid.

IT
I think this might be my complete favorite of the year. Never has a movie satisfied so many bases for me. It was creepy, funny, wholesome, and terrifying all at the same time.

An utter delight. It really shows when a director tries to make themself laugh instead of trying to make the audience laugh. I've never seen so many high quality special effects go to silly jokes and that was my favorite part. 

We'll see you in 2018

- Rudolph

No comments:

Post a Comment