Saturday, December 30, 2017

NYC Four Days In A Row

I’ve gone/am going to be in New York City for the last 4 days of 2017, so I figured I'd write about that.

On Thursday, we went into the city so my brother and I could go to doctors appointments, and then we went to Brooklyn Diner and I got a really good, really big chicken pot pie (perfect for a freezing day). Later, we went to see The Post (because it's in theaters in the city but not in the suburbs yet). That was also REALLY GOOD. I love Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.

Yesterday we fulfilled one of our Hanukkah presents and went on a tour of the Dyker Heights Christmas Lights. Jeez, those people must have serious electrical bills. After we went to Don't Tell Mama, a piano bar. There was a bartender who easily and flawlessly sang Waving Through a Window from Dear Evan Hanson while casually pouring and mixing drinks, which was very impressive.

Today, my dad won the Kinky Boots ticket lottery, and Im the only one in my family who hadn't seen it yet, so he and I went in to see that, which was really good and very inspiring. Billy Porter was SO GOOD. 'Nuf said.

Tomorrow, we're all going to the city again (I know, we're insane to go in on New Year's Eve, but we got tickets to see Once on This Island, so we're going to go in and see that matinee and gtfo of there before we get stuck there with tourists from all over.

That's what's up! Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve everyone, and I'll see y'all next year!

-- Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment