Sunday, December 23, 2012

'Twas The Night Before Christmas 2012 -- Part 1




‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a present was wrapped, not even a blouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
Although no food shopping so the cupboards were bare.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
Dirty clothes marked their floors, including their Keds.
With Mamma in her Snuggie, the dog on my lap,
Had just settled down for a hot toddy nightcap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I rushed out to see and spilled my cookie batter!
Down the stairs out the door I flew like a flash,
(Hoping I’d save someone who’d award me some cash).

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Showed me exactly what I needed to know,
When to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a small Ford Prius filled with 8 kegs of beer!

-- TO BE CONTINUED --

Thanks for reading.

- Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment