Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Nemo On The Roof

Remember when I wrote about the similarity between Frank Underwood and Macbeth? This piece is gong to be a bit similar.

After doing some kickass character analysis, I came to a fabulous realization of an intense similarity between the constable from The Fiddler on the Roof and Bruce the shark from Finding Nemo.

In case you are uncultured, allow me to remind you who they are: 

The constable is essentially the antagonist of the show who is originally friendly with the Jews of Anatevka until his Russian heritage forces him to turn against them. 

Bruce is also more or less the antagonist of the movie who originally tries to be friendly with the fish until his carnivorous nature kicks in and he too turns against his original friends. 

Do you see what I'm getting at here? I know. I've blown your mind once again. What can I say, I just can't help myself. But seriously though, it's pretty crazy. Remember the line from Nemo where Bruce tries to control himself from opening up to his true nature, "Fish are friends, not food"? You could basically insert the same line into Fiddler for the constable and it would work. Jews are friends, not... enemies? I guess. Just something to think about. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR

- Frosty

No comments:

Post a Comment