Friday, December 14, 2018

So I Got Into College


So I got into college on Monday. I'm going to Cornell. Yay me!! Obviously I’m so excited about this news, and so I thought I’d write about how I feel. 

Basically, you always hear that kids walked onto the campus of their to-be-applying early-decision school and the stars aligned and a hallelujah chorus sprouted from the heavens — basically, it clicked for them. I, on the other hand, am the child of not one, but two Cornell graduates, so I’ve been making the 4-hour drive up there basically my whole life. Therefore, Cornell was in my knowledge for a long time before I was ever thinking about it in the context of applying. I never really had the “this is the place I NEED to be” moment, and I always just kind of assumed I’d end up going there. 

Fast forward to last year, when I did my science scholars research program work on Cornell’s campus. As I was starting to figure out where I wanted to apply, I had been worried I was only planning on applying early decision to Cornell because my whole family had gone there. But, as I went through the college process, I realized that yeah, I would actually be upset if I didn’t end up going to Cornell. 

And this past Monday I was a mess all day, but then I got my results and ate cheese puffs, and cookie cake and champagne to celebrate. It was an all-around excellent night, and I know I’m set to go to the best place for me for the next 4 years.


Image result for cornell university

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! My father-in-law went to Cornell. Good school.

    ReplyDelete