Thursday, December 6, 2018

Worst. Gift. Ever.


What was the first thing that came to mind? You know you thought of something.  We all have received one.  Maybe more.  Maybe you have even given one…

Luckily, I have a great family that is skilled in the art of good-gift-giving (and if you are reading this, rest assured you are not one of the offenders).  Nonetheless, over the years, I have received some doozies.  The first one that comes to mind is a large white t-shirt with gold lamé ribbons looped in 3D off of the entire front of it.  Think ribbon candy.  Who in their right and sober minds would ever wear something like that?  The next item that comes to mind was actually a gift to my husband (and it also happens to be an article of clothing): a knitted vest with a giant flag on it.  Can’t even wear that on Independence Day – too hot.  I think what I am saying here is a good rule of thumb when it comes to clothing is if you haven’t seen the person wearing something like it already, don’t buy it, it is not their taste.

On the flip side of this, one of the best gifts I have been given was my dog when I was 9 years old.  You really can’t top a puppy!  And I think one of the best gifts I’ve given (along with my husband), it a picture frame with a sonogram in it – to the grandparents.  Also hard to beat!
What is your gift giving story?

-- Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment